Thursday, July 08, 2004

Dog Days of Summer

I am back from part one of my summer vacation, and the creative muses appear to be lounging by a pool rather than inspiring me to write. Well, I am working on a business proposal for my dearest, but creatively I am in a slump. I am avoiding ALL news, including that occasional guilty pleasure, celebrity gossip. I am tired of propaganda, corporate sponsorship, and tired pop culture references. I canceled my Austin American Statesman newspaper subscription and The New York Times, because it made me feel better. Ok, I usually love the Times (The Statesman just stinks), but I was hooked by a special rate, overcharged by almost a hundred bucks, and it took them two months to give me my money back. I was certainly not going to starve due to the overcharge, but the principle of the matter is what peeved me. Except for the new Michael Moore flick, I will abstain from politics until September... maybe October. Except for Cheap Seats (on ESPN Classic), Conan O'Brian, The Simpsons, and the Chapelle show, nothing makes me REALLY laugh. Ok, Haikuoftheday.com makes me laugh. Here's nodding at Kari, blogger extraordinaire. The article about stay-at-home mothers (from the Stinky Statesman)made me want to rage. Actually,I did rage along side Kari in the comment section on HaikuoftheDay.com.

I can at least sleep well at night knowing Friends is over.

Damn, Muses... I bet they have had another margarita and their cell phones are now turned off.

*sigh*